Monday, October 19, 2009

Waiting for You by Susane Colasanti


This post is about another one of my favorite books, Waiting for You by Susane Colasanti.

The description of this book is:

Derek is clearly the boy Marisa has been waiting for, but there's just one problem. He has a girlfriend. Nash, Marisa's neighbor and childhood friend, is totally geeked out, with zero boyfriend potential. So of course Nash wants to take his friendship with Marisa to the next level.

Beyond her boy drama, Marisa is also dealing with overcoming a major problem from her past, a family that's falling apart, and a best friend who won't stop talking to sketchy guys online. Only the anonymous DJ, who has the school hooked on his underground podcasts, seems to get what Marisa's going through. But she has no idea who he is...or does she?



This book was so great! Susane Colasanti has a wonderful writing style and teenage voice. I especially liked the dialogue with the use of "I was like" instead of "I said" because it's really what teenagers say when were talking about a conversation. One of my other favorite parts of the book was the dedication, "For everyone out there who is still waiting." I mean, I usually don't pay too much to the dedication of books, but this one meant a lot to me. On Susane's official website, she talks about how she wants to help teens with her books and that's exactly what she does with this one. This book deals with Depression, love, family, and friends. All things teens deal with today. She writes flawlessly with a sense of humor and a great plot. I love Marisa. She's so different than most characters in books and I love her spunk. It's really interesting to follow along with her progression throughout the book. This one was a great read and I couldn't put it down until I was finished! Hope you guys enjoy :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments anyone?