Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Scrambled Eggs at Midnight by Brad Barkley and Heather Hepler


Today's book is Scrambled Eggs at Midnight by Brad Barkley and Heather Hepler. The description of this book is:

Calliope (or Cal as she calls herself) wants nothing more than to stay put; to stop traveling cross-country with her mother, sleeping in a tent, and abandoning all belongings whenever they pull up stakes. Meanwhile, Eliot misses the happy times he left behind when his father decided to open a camp for kids looking to lose weight and find Jesus. when Cal and Eliot meet by chance, they feel an immediate connection. together they must face their isolation, the threat of yet another move, and the deepening of Eliot's father's obsession. In their case, love just might be everything it's cracked up to be.

So, I'm kind of torn on this one. Part of me liked this book and part of me didn't. Basically, all the way until around page 120, I really didn't like it. There were some parts of that section that were good, but most of it just came off weird to me for some reason. I liked the rest of the book though. It's still an interesting story. It's definitely different. I do love Eliot though. He's so sweet and such a good guy. It's also written in alternating voices. One part of it that I kind of didn't like too much is that when it alternated between the two characters, it left out big chunks of the story. I mean, not anything that's probably too important, but it was just kind of too big of a chunk for my taste. Overall, I thought this book was okay. If you're looking for something different with a love story attached, this ones for you. I would recommend it to any age really, but if you're not an avid reader, I warn you. If it sounds interesting to you to try, go ahead! Happy Reading :)

1 comment:

  1. hmm im notta avid reader but i think it sounds gr8 lol
    ~missy

    ReplyDelete

Comments anyone?