Friday, July 30, 2010

Boys, Girls, and Other Hazardous Materials by Rosalind Wiseman


Hello! Today's book, as you can see, is Boys, Girls, and Other Hazardous Materials by Rosalind Wiseman. I finally finished it! The description is here:

Looking for a new beginning after a terrible mean girl past, Charlie Healey realizes there's no escaping high school drama.
Charlie Healey thinks Harmony Falls is the beginning of a whole new life. Middle school was brutal. But high school is Charlie's big chance to start over and stay out of drama, except that on her first day she runs into Will, her ex—best friend, who had moved away. Now a varsity athlete and hotter than Charlie remembered, Will hangs with the crowd running the school. But Charlie doesn't understand their power until an innocent delivery guy falls victim to a near-deadly hazing prank.
Torn between doing what's right and her secret feelings for Will, Charlie must decide whether to turn in her very best friend or live with the guilt of knowing what he did.

I heard a lot of good things about this book (and the author herself) so I was happy to read it once I got it from the library. I thought this book was really good! It was very, very relatable and realistic. Charlie could easily be a girl that I would be friends with. We have a lot of the same humor and I can definitely relate to her in the fact that I moved schools when I was a freshman to get away from ignorant people too. My new school wasn't perfect, but like Charlie, I made my real friends there.
I loved Will's and Sydney's characters the most in this book. (Other than Charlie's of course). They were both so real and great all around. I wish I had some friends like them!
I also loved the plot of this book a lot. It's pretty different than usual books' story lines. I would recommend this to any teenager! Check your local library because that's where I got my copy. Hope you guys check it out and enjoy!

Oh, and PS: Here's some more crafty goods for you guys! After I made my cousin's birthday present, I made my friend from Camp a nice frame. Here's a pic!

2 comments:

  1. I thought this book was so adorable. Also, super cute frame!

    ReplyDelete

Comments anyone?