Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Crafts and halfway through next book!

Hey everyone. Just figured I'd stop in and post some random stuff. I'm half way through Boys, Girls, and Other Hazardous Materials by Rosalind Wiseman. This book is pretty good so far. Definitely liking it a lot! It's taken me a while to read this one because I've been so busy with work and making my cousin a birthday present! She's going to be twelve this year so I thought I'd make her something cool.
Do you guys know what Hobby Lobby is? Do you go to Hobby Lobby? If you don't, you need to get yourself in that store ASAP. It's so awesome! Is it just me, or do their paper and scrapbooking materials rock! I swear, I could spend like 3 hours in that store just looking at all the paper and crazy stickers! Okay, how big of a geek do I sound like right now? Pretty big, I know. But hey! They have so many awesome sales! I mean, I went there yesterday with my other cousin and I got everything for 50% off. Totally worth it!
So anyway, this week I've been working on my cousins present, which is this:



It's a big jewelry box with cool secret compartments inside it. It even came with a built in mirror! That wooden box only cost me 5 bucks! Here's some more shots:





I added some cool sparkly black circles and some pretty pearls to tie in the black letters with the metal that holds the box together. I also loved those flower sequins so I added one on each side and the back! I know you guys probably don't care, but I figured I'd just post it since I'm not done with the book yet. Hope you guys enjoy and I should have a review up tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! Hehe, I'm a major craft geek. I love Hobby Lobby! That's a cool jewelry box, I'm sure your cousin will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! I really think she'll love it! Being crafty is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Comments anyone?