Friday, November 26, 2010

Elixir by Hilary Duff


Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I know I am thankful for all authors out there, and of course, you guys for reading this blog even though I've been a poor host lately!
Today I have a review for you guys! You're shocked, I know. But anyway, today's book is Elixir by Hilary Duff. I know what you're thinking. You're probably all like, Hilary Duff wrote a book?! That has to be awful. I doubt I'd read that. But guys, you'd be surprised at how good this book is. I mean, read this description:

As the daughter of a renowned surgeon and a prominent Washington D.C. politician, Clea Raymond has felt the glare of the spotlight her entire life. And though she dreads the paparazzi who track her every move, she herself is a talented photojournalist who takes refuge in a career that allows her to travel to the most exotic parts of the world.
But after Clea’s father disappears while on a humanitarian mission, eerie, shadowy images of a strange and beautiful young man begin to appear in Clea’s photos—a man she has never seen in her life.
When Clea suddenly encounters this man in person she is stunned—and feels an immediate and powerful connection. As they grow closer, they are drawn deep into the mystery behind her father’s disappearance and discover the centuries-old truth behind their intense bond.
Torn by a dangerous love triangle and haunted by a powerful secret that holds their fate, together they race against time to unravel their past in order to save their future—and their lives.

Sounds intense right? Well, it is. I didn't even notice Hilary Duff wrote it before I read the description. Then, after I realized she wrote it, I got skeptical (Sorry Hilary!). As I started reading, though, I was delightfully surprised. This book was very, very good! It's just like any other amazing YA Paranormal Romance. It's very intense like I said before, and also mysterious, breathtaking, romantic, and fast-paced. I finished this all in one night because I just HAD to know what happened. And trust me, if you guys read this, you are going to be dying for the next book in the series once it ends! I'm so mad we have to wait another year for the next one! This book is full of surprises and is so different than any other book I've read. It makes you think one thing, and then something else happens, and then something else happens that makes you question what happened before! It's a wild read and is very refreshing in the fact that it's very unpredictable. Props to Hilary for her first novel debut.
If you guys like a drama, romance, mystery, and suspense in a book then this one is for you! This book is still available to read on the Simon and Schuster Pulse It website, but you only have 4 more days including today. They had it at my library though so I would check there too. Hope you guys enjoy and happy reading!

PS: Even though I haven't been posting, I have been reading a lot. I read 10 books just in the past two weeks so you guys will definitely have some more awesome reviews! Some books that are coming up: Wild Roses by Deb Caletti, Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales, The Midnighters series by Scott Westerfeld, The Awakening series by Kelly Armstrong, One Night That Changes everything and Aces Up by Lauren Barnholdt, and many more!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounds like a really, really awesome book! I was wondering what Hillary Duff was up to these days... I guess she's an author now!

    ReplyDelete

Comments anyone?