Saturday, January 30, 2010

What Would Emma Do? by Eileen Cook


Hey guys! Just finished the first book. This one is What Would Emma Do? by Eileen Cook. The description of this book is:

Thou Shalt Not Kiss Thy Best Friend's Boyfriend...again...

There is no greater sin than kissing your best friend's boyfriend. So when Emma breaks that golden rule, she knows she's messed up big-time...especially since she lives in the smallest town ever, where everyone knows everything about everyone else...and especially since she maybe kinda wants to do it again. Now her best friend isn't speaking to her, her best guy friend is making things totally weird, and Emma is running full speed toward certain social disaster. This is so not the way senior year was supposed to go.

Time to pray for a minor miracle. Or maybe, just maybe, it's time for Emma to stop trying to please everyone around her, and figure out what she wants for herself.


This book was absolutely adorable! I loved it. I read it in one sitting because I wanted to know the ending so badly! Anyway, I thought the book was SO good. I love the voice Eileen uses in her books. I love books that can make me laugh, and Emma's internal sarcasm always had me smiling. This book is so well written that I felt so bad for Emma. I wanted to jump in the story and help everyone! This book is around 300 pages and was a pretty fast read in my opinion. If you're looking for something funny yet easy to relate, this one's for you! They should have it at your local library. Hope you guys enjoy :)

PS: Eileen Cook is VERY nice. If you've read any of her books and loved them, let her know! Email her at eileen[@]eileencook.com It's worth it!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds great Tricia! I'm excited for your new site makeover, I can't wait to see it! Happy reading =)

    -Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're excited! Coming soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I'll have to pick this book up. :)

    I have a contest running on my blog right now for the book Break by Hannah Moskowitz. Feel free to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great read, I can't wait to check it out! Great review and I love the background :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments anyone?