Thursday, February 25, 2010

Funday Friday! Featuring.... Elizabeth Scott!


Hey guys! It's actually like 11pm on Thursday night, but I'm not going to have time to post this tomorrow. This week's Funday Friday is featuring one of my absolute favorite authors! She's on my list :) She was super nice and don't forget about her upcoming book The Unwritten Rule, available March 16th! Here's the interview:

1.Where did you get the ideas for your books?

"You can actually read about where I got the ideas for all my books on my website: http://www.elizabethwrites.com Just click on the books link and any book you look at will have "the story behind the story" for it down toward the bottom of the page."


2.Have you always been good at writing/ wanted to be a writer?

"Writing really snuck up on me! I didn't start writing until I was 27 (!) but once I started, I just had so much fun I didn't want to stop."


3. If you could work with any other author, who would it be?

"I don't know! I think I work best alone, but you know, I never say never about anything happening..."


4. Are there any parts of your books that are based on events in your own life?

"Nope. For me, the best part of being a writer is making up stories! And besides, my life is boring--why would I want to write about myself?"


5. How long did it take to find an agent/publish your first book after finishing the manuscript?

"Once I started actually looking for an agent (that took a while, because I didn't want to do it, and if it hadn't been for my friends asking me to, I never would have), it didn't take too long. And the first book my first agent sold for me sold in June 2005--and came out in July 2008. The third book my first agent sold for me, in October 2005, was actually my first novel, Bloom, and that came out as my first book, in April 2007."


6. What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?

"Try writing the scene from the end to the beginning. Try writing it from the point of view of another character. Try writing having everyone getting hit by a bus (sometimes this just makes you feel better, especially if your characters are driving you crazy!) Try sitting down and letting go of what you think should happen and just let your characters do whatever they want, rather than what you want them to do."


7. What's your favorite part of a book?

"If it's a good book, ALL of it!!"


(Now for a couple fun questions)
8. Favorite song?

"I don't have a favorite song. Sorry!"


9. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which book, movie, food, and person(s) would you take?

"I could never pick just one book--or movie--I'd want to take everything!) But I would take fritos, water, my husband and dog with me for sure!"


10. Five of your favorite things?

"My husband, my dog, my family, books, and writing."


There you have it everyone! Elizabeth Scott :) Her website is Elizabethwrites.com It's very useful so head on over! Don't you guys just love authors? They're so awesome! Alright, hope you guys liked this one and found it useful! It definitely gives me more confidence in my writing knowing that Elizabeth didn't start writing till she was 27. Next week I'll have a contest up with a couple pretty cool prizes. Happy Reading everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Cute interview. I love Elizabeth Scott. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your review! Can't wait for next week's contest :D

    -Bella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondeful, wonderful, wonderful!

    Mrs. Tapes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Elizabeth. She's so sweet. :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool interview! Now I will try her methods for dealing with "loss of creativity" see if I can get any work done on my story!

    ReplyDelete

Comments anyone?