Monday, January 10, 2011

Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler

Whoaa! Where did the time go? I had no idea it was that long since I posted! Sorry about that. I got caught up in all things holiday. BUT, I'm back at school now for the new semester, so everything will be on schedule. Thanks for hanging in there if you're still reading this blog. I have TONS of books for you guys and even more to read, so stay tuned!
Today's book is Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler. The description is here:

“We all long for what could have been.”
Things in Delilah Hannaford’s life have a tendency to fall apart. She used to be a good student, but she can’t seem to keep it together anymore. Her “boyfriend” isn’t much of a boyfriend. And her mother refuses to discuss the fight that divided their family eight years ago. Falling apart, it seems, is a Hannaford tradition.
Over a summer of new friendships, unexpected romance, and moments that test the complex bonds between mothers and daughters, Delilah must face her family’s painful past. Can even her most shattered relationships be pieced together again?

Man, oh man. This book was AWESOME! Sarah Ockler has done it again. Fixing Delilah was even better than Twenty Boy Summer, and you all know I loved that book, so that is saying a lot! From the very first page I was intrigued with Delilah's story. Coming from a shattered family myself, I could easily relate to Delilah. Sarah has truly, beautiful writing. Fans of Sarah Dessen will LOVE this, as it is very similar. As I was reading, I found myself wanting to figure out the mystery of Delilah's family more and more. Once again, Sarah described feelings of losing a loved one and family drama very well. I felt like I was right there with Delilah, feeling her pain and asking her questions.
But most importantly (well, in my case) was Patrick. Oh, dear lord is Patrick amazing! I fell in love with him as soon as I read about his eyes. The story of Delilah and Patrick is so adorable and real. Trust me, you will fall in love with him too!
I have decided that I need to find myself a Patnes. A guy who is a mixture of Patrick, Nate (from Sarah Dessen's Lock and Key) and Wes (from The Truth About Forever). That, my friends, would be one amazing guy!
Anyway, This book was all around lovely. It will break your heart and put it back together over and over. If you're looking for a truly amazing contemporary read, this one is for you. Check your local library or go out and buy it! This is one of those books that you will love to read many, many times!
Happy Reading :)

1 comment:

Comments anyone?