Friday, January 21, 2011

The Education of Hailey Kendrick by Eileen Cook


Hello everyone! Hope you all had a lovely week. TGIF!
Today's book is by one of my favorite authors, Eileen Cook. It's her newest book, The Education of Hailey Kendrick. Here's the description:

Hailey Kendrick always does exactly what's expected of her. She has the right friends, dates the perfect boy, gets good grades, and follows all the rules. But one night, Hailey risks everything by breaking a very big rule in a very public way...and with a very unexpected partner in crime. Hailey gets caught, but her accomplice does not, and Hailey takes the fall for both of them.
Suddenly, Hailey's perfect life--and her reputation--are blowing up in her face. Her friends are all avoiding her. Her teachers don't trust her. Her boyfriend won't even speak to her for long enough to tell her that she's been dumped.
They say honesty is the best policy--but some secrets are worth keeping, no matter the cost. Or are they?

Ever since I read Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood, I've loved Eileen's books. So when I saw that her new book was finally released, I was so excited! Eileen definitely did not disappoint!
Right away, the first chapter gets you hooked. Hailey's character jumps right off the page and into your heart. This book's plot was very unpredictable. I thought Hailey would end up with one person, then I switched it to another person, and then it ended up being completely different from what I thought. It's a very refreshing story and is also very adorable.
Not only does Eileen create realistic situations and characters, but she also writes about very deep issues, like the loss of a parent and how each person deals with something like that differently. She paints the picture of a broken family perfectly, and I felt like I was right there with Hailey, taking it all in, good and bad.
Even though this book has serious issues included in it, it also made me laugh a lot. There were parts that were very comical and made me laugh out loud (much to my roommate's dismay).
If you're looking for a book with a little bit of everything, that is also a quick read, this one is for you. Pulse It! currently has it up on their website to read for free, but you can also go out and buy it! Hope you guys enjoy and happy reading :)

1 comment:

  1. Eileen is great with incorporating the fun with the serious. Her books are always entertaining yet as you mentioned, there are serious topics addressed as well. I'm really looking forward to this book! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments anyone?