Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Grace by Elizabeth Scott


Hey everyone! So, today I have an awesome review for you guys! I managed to snag myself an ARC of Elizabeth Scott's new book, Grace, which comes out September 10th! Here's the description:

A fable of a terrifying near future.
Grace was raised to be an Angel, a herald of death by suicide bomb. But she refuses to die for the cause, and now Grace is on the run, daring to dream of freedom.
In search of a border she may never reach, she travels among malevolent soldiers on a decrepit train crawling through the desert. Accompanied by the mysterious Kerr, Grace struggles to be invisible, but the fear of discovery looms large as she recalls the history and events that delivered her uncertain fate.

WOW. Just, wow. Elizabeth never ceases to amaze me. Part of me thought I might not like this one because it's about suicide bombing. The other half of me thought, It's a book by Elizabeth Scott, how could it not be good? If you guys couldn't tell by now, it was the latter. This book is so different from any other YA novel. It pulls you in, it makes you wonder, it makes you feel. This fictional "Country" is maddening. How could anybody let a man like Keran Berj rule? How could The People do the same, but still think Keran is worse? And Grace, poor Grace-- I am so proud of her. She is so brave. She gives us some insight I think everyone could use, really. This story was not what I was expecting. I didn't know what to expect, actually, but this was not it. Elizabeth has definitely done it again and I don't know how. She always pulls off writing a masterpiece, and for that, I thank her.
Make sure you guys pick this one up when it's released! Or pre-order! Just make sure you get it in your hands.
Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Lucky!
    I'd love a chance to read this!
    Well anyway, awesome review!
    Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to read this! Elizabeth Scott really is one of the greatest writers around. Thank you for your review! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though this was posted in May, time doesn't really matter so thanks for the awesome review. Suicide Bombers are really tricky for me to comprehend, so I'm looking forward to reading this!

    ReplyDelete

Comments anyone?