Sunday, May 9, 2010

How Not to be Popular by Jennifer Ziegler


Hey everyone! Happy Mother's day to all the moms out there! :)
Today I have another review for you :) This book is called How Not to be Popular by Jennifer Ziegler. I absolutely love that cover! It's so adorable, right? The description of this book is:

Maggie Dempsey is tired of moving all over the country. Her parents are second-generation hippies who uproot her every year or so to move to a new city. When Maggie was younger, she thought it was fun and adventurous. Now that she’s a teenager, she hates it. When she moved after her freshman year, she left behind good friends, a great school, and a real feeling of belonging. When she moved her sophomore year, she left behind a boyfriend, too. Now that they’ve moved to Austin, she knows better. She’s not going to make friends. She’s not going to fit in. Anything to prevent her from liking this new place and them from liking her. Only . . . things don’t go exactly as planned.

I thought this book sounded so cute! I thought it sounded like a really cool twist to a story-- trying to NOT be popular. It turned out to be pretty good. I felt really bad for Maggie throughout this book because of how much she had to move. I would absolutely hate that. But I did really love Jack. At first, I thought he was kind of dorky and I didn't want him to be her love interest, but then he turned out to be a good guy. I loved all the cool ways Maggie tried to be unpopular. The weird outfits were probably my favorite element. This story is funny, unique, and unpredictable. I recommend this to anyone who's looking for a fun and interesting read. I'd say it's appropriate for most ages, like 11+. Hope you guys enjoy! Happy Reading :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)
    I was hoping to catch this the moment it came out in paperback. The only issue was that I forgot... Until now, that is!
    Thanks for the sweet review!
    Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this book!! Even though Miles was a jerk, he still sounds hot. But I want there to be a second book so i know if Maggie and Jack will go together later on.

    ReplyDelete

Comments anyone?