Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting


Hey Guys! I took a break from studying to review this book. It's The Body Finer by Kimberly Derting. Here's the description:

Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world . . . and the imprints that attach to their killers.

Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find dead birds her cat left for her. But now that a serial killer is terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, Violet realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.

Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved by her hope that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer . . . and becoming his prey herself.


Sounds intense, right? Well, it is. I could not put this down before I finished it. Yeah, I know I say that a lot and it is me we're talking about, but I swear this book stands out from the rest. This book makes you feel so many emotions! I instantly fell in love with Jay (of course, I know) and could totally see why Violet was falling for him. I mean, I wish I had a best friend like that! You guys also know how I'm not too huge of a fan for crazy sci-fi books. This one is paranormal, but it's filled with so much real detail that the paranormal side doesn't even seem weird to me. Kimberly writes in such a way that I feel like it should be almost normal to do what Violet can do. This book is also coming out with a sequel next year and I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on it. I'm sure you guys will think the same once you read The Body Finder. This is now one of my all time favorite books! Thanks for stopping by again :)
Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. I HAVE GOT to get this book!!!!!!!! I finally got The Unwritten Rule and I finished it yesterday. I really liked it, but I was sad at the end a little bit. Now I've got to get The Body Finder, A Match Made In Highschool, and more Elizabeth Scott books!

    <3 <3,
    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked! I know what you mean about the ending. Were you sad because of the whole Sarah-Brianna thing?

    ReplyDelete

Comments anyone?