Friday, March 12, 2010
Funday Friday! Featuring.... Kristina Springer!
Hey everybody! I figured since there are some cool prizes from Kristina Springer this week, she would be perfect for this week's Funday Friday! So enjoy!
1. Where did you get the idea for The Espressologist?
"Sitting in a coffee shop! I was sitting there with my husband having drinks and people watching and the idea hit me. I wrote the whole book from that same table in the coffee shop."
2. Have you always been good at writing/ wanted to be a writer?
"I've always liked to write and read lots and lots of books. But I had no idea I'd end up writing young adult books (which I LOVE doing!!). I always thought I was more of a nonfiction writer but I gave fiction writing a try about five years ago and loved it."
3. If you could work with any other author, who would it be?
"Kristin Walker (A MATCH MADE IN HIGH SCHOOL) because she's hysterical!!"
4. Are there any parts of your books that are based on events in your own life?
"Oh, for sure! I do tend to think back to different things when I'm writing but then twist it up or make it more interesting. There are several scenes though that totally happened. I was sitting in the coffee shop looking at a blank word document, trying to figure out how to start this book when the guy who made it onto page one walked in and I knew just how to begin. :-)"
5. How long did it take to find an agent/publish your book after finishing the manuscript?
"With The Espressologist it happened pretty quickly. I posted a timeline from conception to publication here if you want to see the details-- http://author2author.blogspot.com/2009/10/espressologist-concept-to-pub-timeline.html"
6. What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?
"Talk it out with someone. Lots of times when me or my critique partners get stuck in our writing we'll talk out what we're doing, where we're at, where we're headed and give each other ideas. It's always helped me! "
7. What's your favorite part of a book?
"Hmmm...probably the ending."
(Now for a couple fun questions)
8. Favorite song?
"Anyone at All by Carole King"
9. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which book, movie, food, and person(s) would you take?
"Book-- hmm, it would have to be a really big one since I'd need lots to read-- maybe one of those books that has all of Jane Austen's books compiled in it.
Movie-- You've Got Mail
10. Five of your favorite things?
"My family, writing, coffee, my iphone, and spin class. :-)"
Thank you very much Kristina for letting me interview you! And for the signed bookmarks :) I hope you all enjoyed Kristina's interview. I know I did. Now go and get your friends and enter the contest so you can read her fabulous book! I'll be posting the winner and a new book review tomorrow. Happy reading :)