Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabaley


Hey guys! I should be doing math homework right now but who cares about that, right? I despise math. So anyway, today's book is Lipstick Apology-- which I received in my package from the wonderful Elizabeth Scott. I have so many books I need to review it's crazy. You guys should be seeing reviews for Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, and The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson in the next week. I'm trying to get on here a post them, I promise! I should have more time to do these things after tomorrow. Ahhh, college life. You gotta love it but hate it. Sorry for the rambling-- here's the description of Lipstick Apology:

When Emily Carson's parents die in a plane crash, she's left with nothing but her mother's last words scrawled in lipstick on a tray table: "Emily, please forgive me."

Now it's fall and Emily moves to New York City— where she attracts the attention of two very different boys: the cute, popular Owen, and her quirky chemistry partner, Anthony. With the help of some surprising new friends, Emily must choose between the boy who helps her forget and the one who encourages her to remember, and ultimately heal.

I thought this book was a great debut. When I first read the description, I made sure I put it at the top of the list of my 30 books to read. Yes, 30! I'm down to 20 though so I'm making good progress. Anyway, I loved the story line. It's so different from anything I've read. I think Jennifer's writing is beautiful. She also knows the city of New York well. I was reading this during my trip to NYC and I kept seeing things mentioned in the book and thinking, Ahh! That's in Lipstick Apology!! Again, I am a geek. I know this. I also love love love Trent's character in this book. I want my own Trent! And my own Anthony! Jennifer describes his hot body well ;)
Overall, I thought this book was pretty good. The story definitely had it's twists and turns but I was never bored with it. I really think this book should be seen on more shelves around the nation. I haven't seen it in a Barnes and Noble or anything, but it is such a good story. I hope me posting this review helps spread the word! So if this sounds interesting to you, go and find it at your library! Or request it! Or get it from Amazon! Or maybe, just maybe, you could win it. Hmm, I wonder how....
Okay guys, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments anyone?