Monday, April 5, 2010

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver


Hey everyone! Today's book is Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. The description of this book is:

Samantha Kingston has it all: the world’s most crush-worthy boyfriend, three amazing best friends, and first pick of everything at Thomas Jefferson High, from the best table in the cafeteria to the choicest parking spot. Friday, February 12 should be just another day in her charmed life.

Instead, it turns out to be her last.

Fortunately, she gets a second chance. Seven chances, in fact. Reliving her last day during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death—and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing.

I had heard a lot of good things about this book before I started reading it. I was going to get it from my library once they received it, but to my surprise, it wound up in my package of books from Elizabeth Scott! I was so excited when I saw it and The Sky Is Everywhere. I thought this book was pretty good. I loved it, but at the same time, some of the parts in the middle kind of dragged on a bit. I understand why Lauren put those things in the book but some of it just kind of bored me. But! I overall did really like it a lot. This book is another intense one and you'll be surprised to see how it ends. It's a very heart wrenching book too. I loved this first novel and I can't wait to read more of Lauren Oliver's work. I also think this would be a really good movie! They should definitely make it one :)
Sorry today's review is a little short!

Also, if you guys want some free Susane Colasanti books, she's having a contest over at her blog to win some spiffy new Paperback versions that just went on sale today! It's a fun contest so head on over and check it out!
Susane's Blog: http://windowlight.livejournal.com

4 comments:

  1. Cool! The covers great too!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, my sister Katie forgot to sign out of my account so it's showing up as Bella. Sorry 'bout that!

    -Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, because of your review I went right out to find it. So far it a very fun read. Keep up the great reviewing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments anyone?