Friday, April 16, 2010

A Match Made In High School by Kristin Walker


Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts-- I had two tests, an english paper, and a bunch of math homework all due this week! Unfortunately, I don't have an author interview today, but I should have one for next weekend! I do have a review for you guys though. It's A Match Made In High School by Kristin Walker! The description of this book is:

When the principal announces that every senior must participate in a mandatory year-long Marriage Education program, Fiona Sheehan believes that her life can't get any worse. That's until she marries her “husband”: jerky jock Todd, whose cheerleader girlfriend, Amanda, has had it in for Fiona since day one of second grade. Even worse? Amanda is paired with Fiona's long-term crush, Gabe. At least Fiona is doing better than her best friend, Marcie, who is paired up with the very quiet, very dorky, very big Johnny Mercer.

Pranks, fights, misunderstandings, and reconciliations ensue in an almost Shakespearean comedy of errors about mistaken first impressions, convoluted coupling, and hidden crushes.

When I had an interview with Kristina Springer, she answered one of the questions by saying that she would love to work with Kristin Walker because she was hilarious. I thought she meant as a person, but I guess it's both! I laughed out loud so many times throughout this book. You guys know how I always say I love sarcasm and jokes that make me laugh in books? This book definitely does that. I was laughing so much and so hard that my roommate ended up asking me what the heck I was laughing at-- it was that funny. It's also not your typical story. This book takes a lot of twists and turns that you wouldn't expect, and I loved how it ended. Kristin Walker is a very awesome and talented author and I can't wait until her next book! I should be having an interview with her soon so make sure you guys stay tuned to check that out! I absolutely recommend this book to everyone. I guarantee you will laugh at least once! Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds like it would make a funny movie! Haha, and that cover is awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be a cool movie too! I think it actually might be being made into a movie. I think I read that somewhere when I was reading up on Kristin Walker. I guess we'll see, but I hope it does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds so sweet and funny! I haven't read one single bad review for it. If I had the money, and the time, I would read this. Maybe in the future? Hopefully.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tricia! GOTTA GET THIS BOOK! I love funny sarcasm, it was one of the reasons i decided to read My Fair Godmother which not my style AT ALL! I also awarded you on my blog because you were one of my first followers and were one of the reasons I started my blog! Just in case you're not sure how to put the award on your blog, you right click it and save it to your desktop. Go back in to blogger and click add a gaget and pick the picture one. Happy reading :)

    love, love, love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed through this entire book! I loved it! I also love your blog. It's what I go to when I'm looking for something good to read.
    -Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know your not normally into the supernatural stuff, but I can tell you do love a good love story. I think you should read Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. It is the first book in a trilogy. Only the first one is out so far, but it is amazing. The love story is so powerful, sweet, heart-warming, and heart-breaking. I read it in one sitting, it's about 300 pages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Miranda! I'm so happy you love the blog-- it means a lot! I'm sorry for the lack of posts.. college is almost over!!
    I was actually looking into reading Shiver. I wasn't going to read it at first but I keep hearing how awesome it is so I'll probably get my hands on it soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments anyone?