Thursday, April 22, 2010

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles


Hey everyone! Whoooo two posts in two days! You should be proud :)
Someone asked me about Perfect Chemistry yesterday so I figured I would review that one today. It's written by one of my favorite authors, Simone Elkeles. The description of this book is:

When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

I had heard good things about this book from my reader friend, Lauren, and I already love Simone Elkeles, so I was excited for this one. I've definitely never read a book quite like this one. It's so diverse and real. It was very, very well written. I loved how Simone wrote it in alternate points of view too so we could see the situation from both characters and know their true feelings. When I first started reading, I didn't like Brittany at all. But after reading some more and finding out more about her, I started to like her a lot. I was really anxious to see how the story would end because of how complicated everything was. Simone does a good job of telling the story in a real and factual way. This book will definitely capture your heart and make you want a love like Alex and Brittany's. I recommend this book to most people, but there are some mature content included (such as sex, gang violence, etc.), so if you're younger or your child is younger, I'd be aware. They had this at my local library so it should be easy for you guys to find. Hope you enjoy! Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting it! I bought it after I got off of work today, I'm excited to start reading it. What other books by her do you recommend?
    -Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love this!
    I read it one sitting!
    Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, I loved this book and am wanting to read it over now.

    Miranda-
    All her books are amazing. I would defiantly recommend Leaving Paradise and her How To Ruin series (starting with: How to Ruin a Summer Vacation)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Morgan!
    -Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miranda,
    Hope you enjoy Perfect Chemistry! I agree with Morgan-- All of her books are great but my favorite so far is the How To Ruin series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favourite books, I love it! I can't wait to start reading Rules of Attraction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved it! Thanks for recommending it, I don't think I actually would have bought it if you hadn't. Since the first week I saw it on the shelves I always pick it up then put it back. Now, I'm going to buy her other books. Thanks, keep up the good job on the blog! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Comments anyone?